We live in a day that is filled with both unthinkable peril and unimaginable opportunity. And if ever there was a time in history when the body of Christ needed God’s anointing power, it is now! But what is the anointing, how do you move into it, and how do you see it increase?
The anointing is the overflow of Christ in your life! It comes to us as we spend time in God’s Word, seek Him with our whole heart, and worship Him. Jesus said:
“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” ( John 15:7 ).
We increase the anointing by spending time in His presence. And you will certainly know when the presence of the Holy Spirit has come upon your life. Here are seven things that the anointing will bring to you when it begins to increase and flow:
1. Healing. Just like when the good Samaritan ministered to the man who had been robbed, stripped, and left for dead ( Luke 10:33-34 ), the minute God’s anointing starts to flow on you, it will heal you. Your heart will be healed. He will restore your health. And you will become a minister of His healing power. That is promised in God’s Word.
2. Revelation. The anointing will change your life.
Exodus 25:6 talks about the oil that brings light. It pierces the darkness and illuminates everything around it. Nothing can stop it because the anointing is the overflow of Christ’s life. And once the anointing starts to flow over you, it brings revelation knowledge, allowing you to move into a supernatural walk with God.
3. Provision. In 1 Kings 17:14 , we read about Elijah and the widow of Zarephath. She desperately needed a miracle. All she had left for herself and her son was a handful of meal and a small amount of oil. God performed a life-changing miracle for her, multiplying her offering far beyond anything she could have dreamed. The oil did not fail. And today, when God moves in your life, the oil begins to flow, meeting every need in your life. There will be no lack. That’s what God wants for you today. He is moving mightily upon the earth—as you seek Him with your whole heart, the oil will flow on you, and every need in your life will be met!
4. Debt-free living. A widow came to Elisha and cried out about the debts that had overtaken her and her sons after her husband’s death ( 2 Kings 4:1-7 ). God used all she had, a pot of oil—it multiply supernaturally, and she was able to pay off all her debts!
5. Deliverance. David spoke of the oil of anointing ( Psalm 23:1-5 ) and how it delivered him from all his enemies. Not only that, but he also spoke of God’s faithfulness in protecting him when he wrote, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”
6. Faith. We are told that the watchman, of
Isaiah 21:5 , was directed to anoint the shield. Just as oil was used then, the oil of God’s anointing must be used today. Faith must be activated and released, then God will protect you with the shield of faith because of that anointing. Today, regardless of your circumstances, He wants to release a mighty anointing on your life to protect you, completely and totally, but you must first activate it!
7. Blessings. Psalm 133 speaks about the precious oil of anointing that flowed over Aaron, then God directed the high priest to command His blessings: “The Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore” (verse 3) upon the children of Israel. Today, He commands the blessings on you through His Word. He even says, “All the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us” ( 2 Corinthians 1:20 ).
Every one of these seven promises of His anointing is for us today, to the glory of God!
The word of God is God Himself, therefore the word of God cannot be broken. For God to break His word would break God Himself. That’s impossible! God cannot lie. That’s why Jesus said it’s easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot to be removed from the Word of God ( Matthew 5:18 ). God’s Word is established forever. God said, “I am the Lord, I change not” ( Malachi 3:6
). It’s His covenant to us. The anointing is the power to serve God. Throughout history, God has placed His anointing on people just like you and me whom He’s used to do mighty things. When the anointing—the overflow of Christ—comes on your life, it gives you the power to change lives and influence nations. Dear partner, this is an exciting and thrilling hour! We are seeing an intensity of the anointing and the power of God in our ministry that I have not seen in decades. And at the same time, I’m seeing a hunger among the lost and hurting for the peace that only salvation through Jesus Christ can bring. Truly, God is on the move, and I want you to be part of all God is doing right now.