- Adam’s name is from the Hebrew word a da ma, which means “the ground.
- Longest word in the Bible (18 letters): Maher-shalal-hash-baz (Isaiah 8:1)
Words occurring only once in the Bible: eternity (Isaiah 57:15); grandmother (2 Timothy 1:5); gnat (Matthew 23:24)
- William Tyndale produced first printed edited of the New Testament in English. He was later burned at the stake for his efforts.
- The first authorized Bible printed in English is the Great Bible of 1539. King Henry VIII of England declared that it should be read aloud during the church services in the Church of England.
- Over 100 million copies of the Bible are sold each year