- Christ is an title, and not the last name of Jesus
Jesus did not have a last name like we do now in the 21st century.
Christ is not his last name, but a title that means “the anointed one”. Christ is actually the Greek translation of the Hebrew word “Messiah
- The word “hate” is used 87 times in the Bible, but the word “love” is used 310 times.
- Joseph wanted to divorce Mary
Joseph and Mary were pledged to marry each other. But, before they consummated their marriage, Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant and wanted to divorce her quietly.
- About 75 pounds of myrrh and aloes were placed on the body of Jesus.
- King Herod may have killed between 7 and 20 children
After the wise men failed to report back to him about Jesus’ birth, Herod the Great, king of Judea ordered to kill all the boys who were 2 years old or younger in the vicinity of Bethlehem. Experts estimate that between 7 and 20 children were murdered during this massacre.