Today, 12th of March marks 22 year, Archbishop Benson Idahosa transit into glory.
Here are some the things you need to know about this great man of God.
- He was born on 11th of September, 1938 and died on 12th of March, 1998 at the age of 59.
- He was popularly referred to as father of pentecostalism in Nigeria.
- He got born again at the Assemblies of God Church on January, 1960.
- The richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote’s wealth is linked to a prayer by Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa.
- He founder first African Private University,
- Archbishop Idahosa was the first minister to begin evangelism from Nigeria to other counties, he visited over 145 countries in his lifetime.
- He began radio and television christian programs and was criticized for that, seen as a show off and wasteful.
- A claim made by Idahosa that he had raised eight people from the dead was dropped when challenged by the Advertising Standards Authority , who sought evidence that the individuals concerned had in fact been dead. He raised 14 dead during his lifetime.
- He has several sons and proteges in the ministry, including, Bishop David Oyedepo, Pastor E. A Adeboye, Pastor Chris Oyhakhilome, Rev. Sam Adeyemi, among many others.