Do you know that P.Daniel is an Educational Psychologist (MSC) from the Prestigious University of Lagos ?
Let’s do some Psychological education today
This is a lesson I learnt on our class platform.
According to psychologist there are three types of Quotients.
- Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
- Emotional Quotient (EQ)
- Social Quotient (SQ)
1. Intelligence Quotient (IQ): this is the measure of your comprehension ability”, solve maths; memorize things and recall subject matters.
2. Emotional Quotient (EQ): this is the measure of your ability to maintain peace with others; keep to time; be responsible; be honest; respect boundaries; be humble, genuine and considerate.
3. Social Quotient (SQ): this is the measure of your ability to build a network of friends and maintain it over a long period of time.
People that have higher EQ and SQ tend to go farther in life than those with high IQ but low EQ and SQ. Most schools capitalize in improving IQ level while EQ and SQ are played down.
A man of high IQ can end up being employed by a man of high EQ and SQ even though he has an average IQ.
Your EQ represents your character; your SQ represents your charisma. Give in to habits that will improve these three Qs but more especially your EQ and SQ.
EQ and SQ make one manage better than the other.
Please don’t teach children only to be IQ but also to be EQ and SQ.
Now there is a 4th one :
A new paradigm
4. The Adversity Quotient (AQ): the measure of your ability to go through a rough patch in life and come out without losing your mind.
AQ determines who will give up in face of troubles, who will abandon their family or who will consider suicide.
Expose children to other areas of life than academic. They should adore manual work (never use work as a form of punishment), sport and art. Develop their EQ, SQ and AQ. They should become multifaceted human beings able to do things independently of the parents.
Finally, do not prepare the road for the children. Prepare the children for the road.
I see a burning generation.
Source: P. Daniel Olawande | Used with permission
Jesus loves you, click here to claim it