- The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35, which states, “Jesus wept.”
The longest book in the Bible is Psalm 119
The shortest book in the Bible is Psalm 117, with just 2 verses.
The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
- Over the past 20 centuries, a staggering 70 million people have been killed for their Christian faith
A 2001 report shows that since A.D. 33, there have been an astonishing 70 million Christian martyrs, representing approximately 1% of the entire Christian population at the time. Over the course of 20 centuries, more than 600 great martyrdoms have occurred across 220 different countries. Of these martyrdoms, 15 had more than 1 million martyrs each, 27 had over 500,000 each and 76 over 100,000 each. Most of the murders were orchestrated by branches of governments and atheists. Among the many methods used in these killings were: stoning to death, beheading, boiling in oil, burning to death, burying alive, crucifying, feeding to wild animals and starvation (U2-pdf).
- As for the app version of the Bible, YouVersion is the most popular
YouVersion is a free application with over 1700 Bible versions in almost 1200 different languages. It has been downloaded and installed about 325 million times. Some amazing features are: the interface is available in over 50 languages, has audio and devotional versions, you can compare versions, mark and highlight verses, create shareable verse images, add friends and so on.
- The Bible doesn’t mention how many wise men visited Christ, only that they brought three types of gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
- Sarah is the most mentioned woman (59 times), Rachel is 2nd (47 times).